Monday, September 15, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Things

1. The beautiful vase my talented dad made - and the fact that the Flower District is near my house, so I can pick up a bouquet of fresh flowers for just $6









2. These great sketches my dad did of me and Matt - and of what Mini-Matt will look like as a teenager. My dad did a few different caricature sketches of Mini-Matt's potential looks - all based on the characteristics of my amazing husband, Matt: diligent, sensitive, determined, and happy.









3. Mini-Matt's cute little pac n' play bassinet - and the cool, super comfortable bed that Matt built for me . . . for all the nights I'll be up with the our new little man.









4. This great framed picture that my sisters-in-law put together for me and Matt when we got married . . . with a list of the 10 things we each love about each other.





5. This amazing fabric and canvas piece of art that my little sister Elise made for me - to go in the baby's room.









6. This painting my dad did for Matt of a picture Matt took on his airplane ride home from his mission. This picture is hanging by our door and is entitled: "Return With Honor."







7. My amazing husband, Matt. He is my support and my inspiration. I love him and am so grateful to have him in my life. He's going to be the best dad ever!



I just wanted to share these things because I'm feeling especially grateful today . . .

These are all the things I'm going to miss while I'm at the hospital (of course, I won't be missing Matt, because he's going to be there supporting me through the whole thing) . . . that's right, Matt and I are on our way to the hospital to HAVE A BABY!!

FUN BABY PICTURES TO COME . . .

4 comments:

Unknown said...

YEA YEA YEA YEA! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

d said...

HURRY HURRY HURRY and HOORAY HOORAy HOORAY!!! Can't wait to hear how you are doing and see the baby

Brandon and Erin said...

SOOO excited! Can't wait to hear from you and see the pictures! Love ya guys!

Unknown said...

FYI - I have been checking your blog every 30 minutes for the pictures! LOL. I'm such a nerd.