Now, I would like to pause for a moment here to give you all a little insight into my husband: Matt LOVES science. He has always been fascinated with the way that things work. Growing up, he spent much of his time fixing up Jeeps in his friend Tiny's garage. He used to take apart anything he could get his hands on - just to figure out how it worked and how to make it better. (He even did a year of engineering school before he decided to be an attorney).
Now, Matt's favorite show of all-time involves the sign featured below. If you recognize the sign and if your dream job would be to work alongside Jamie Hyneman and Adam Savage, then you and Matt could just be soul mates.
Needless to say, Brian was not expecting such an enthusiastic response to his Science Museum idea.
* * *
On Saturday, when we pulled into the USC Science Center, Matt could barely contain his excitement. He kept saying, "I can't believe you've never taken me here!!" (little did he know that I had looked into us going before, but the negative reviews kept me away . . . though I should have realized that Matt would have fun anyway).
Science Center Activities:
Creating "Earthquake Matt" on the Seismograph.
* * *
Testing the sturdiness of the High Wire Bicycle - as well as the
patience of the ride's operator.
(Matt's Ride Review: "Best $2 I've ever spent!")
* * *
Listening to the sound of . . . ? . . . something scientific
* * *
Flying paper airplanes in a very intense distance challenge
* * *
* * *
And, of course, stopping at the "Stamp Stop" to make sure that
our Science Center map had been stamped at the various
locations that we visited.
Overall, despite the fact that the poor reviews were well deserved and that the free admission probably won't be enough to entice us to the Museum again, we all had a very fun-filled Scientific Saturday.

7 comments:
I love this post! I was laughing at loud.
That is one of the cutest little babies ever...I can't wait for yours!
One of my favorite quotes is "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own!" Tell me who said that ;)
Fun post Whit. And we just met the Shelley's on Labor Day! Very fun couple and darling baby. Speaking of which, I believe it's time for more tummy shots! *B
I never even noticed the stamp stop. Shows you how much I was paying attention!
Dwight is indeed a funny character. But I believe it was Adam Savage himself who said it! Who's the nerd now? HA! No worries, we can still be friends :) *B
man! You just had to wait till we were out of state huh ;) Been trying to get Ryan to go forever, but we've been so busy. I really don't know how all you mom's kept the kiddies out of too much trouble tho.
I didn't realize the Shelleys had a baby - congrats to them if they read these comments! Also ... GOOD LUCK in the next few weeks!! I can't wait to see what your little one is going to look like!
The winner of the wing fight might be debatable. We have video evidence that team Shelley may have landed the most devastating punch.
Post a Comment