Friday, April 15, 2011

Happy 31st Matt!

April 15, 2011

For Matt's 31st, I surprised him with lessons from a golf instructor. 

I sneakily packed a bag for him with all his golf essentials, and I hid the golf clubs in the back of our Expedition. I told Matt to just wear shorts and flip-flops for his birthday surprise, then we headed up to Pasadena. I navigated him to the golf course and I could tell he was a bit confused when we arrived. (He told me later that he thought I had organized all his friends to meet up for a round of golf . . . and he was thinking, "I could have totally scheduled my own round of gold with my friends!") Ha! Boy did I have him fooled. 

When we walked onto the course, I introduced Matt to his instructor. And Matt got this great big grin on his face. He has always enjoyed golfing, but is never content with his scores. He even watches those golf tip features that pop up on tv every once in a while. (Boring!!! . . . Okay, okay, to be honest, as boring as golf tips may be to me, I'm always very impressed with Matt's drive to better himself. So, props to him.)

While Matt was busy improving his swing, the boys and I played some miniature golf, chased lizards, marveled at the plumpness of the creepily tame squirrels, had a very poor photo shoot attempt, and got hot hot hot in the Pasadena sun.

After golf, we all had brunch together at a delicious grilled cheese place nearby. Their Muenster cheese and apple slice sandwich was a hit. Mmmm. You'd better believe our panini grill has been seeing a lot of that combo since then. 

I love you Matt! 
Thanks for being such an amazing husband and father!
Hope you had a wonderful 31st Birthday!!

No comments: