April 24, 2011
We had some pretty good Easter festivities this year. We decorated Easter Eggs during the week. They turned out pretty cool and Tanner had fun. I kind of think decorating Easter Eggs is the coolest thing ever, so I'm glad Tanner enjoyed it too.
I think Tanner was more interested in flirting with the ladies than he was with gathering Easter eggs.
In Tanner's world, pulling faces at girls equates a pretty successful flirt session.
On Saturday, the Easter Bunny left a trail of candy around the house for the kids to follow . . .
It led them to this.
I really have to improvise in finding a different hiding spot each year in the living room of our 2-bedroom apartment. I have hidden the basket in the washer/dryer closet, our big round blanket basket, and now the coat closet. I think we're going to have to move before next Easter . . . otherwise, I'll have no new place to hide the Easter surprise!!
This was Kaden's first Easter and he was so excited about the little candies all over the floor. I had to quarantine him until I could clean up all the candy. But he definitely got his fast little fingers on some delicious pieces of sugar.
Later that morning, our apartment complex hosted an Easter Egg Hunt - and had the Easter Bunny come! They even organized a little round of the Bunny Hop! It was seriously awesome.
There were a ton of kids there and no rules about little ones starting before older kids, so I told Matt to pick up Tanner and run to the faraway eggs as soon as they said, "Go!" Tanner was lucky to get about 5 eggs. It was madness.
From the moment Tanner laid eyes on the Easter Bunny, he was pretty much oblivious to anything else going on around him. He didn't even notice that we gave away some of his eggs to his friend.
Tanner and the Easter Bunny were pretty much inseparable.
Tanner's buddy-buddy relationship with the bunny may have been his way of getting first dibs on the balloon animals. Of course, Tanner was busy purposely popping his 3rd little poodle balloon before I realized that other kids hadn't yet gotten their balloon animals . . . Whoops! Sorry!!
HAPPY EASTER!








No comments:
Post a Comment