I heard that the Natural History Museum here in LA had a really amazing dinosaur puppet/robot of sorts. I have been to the museum a bunch but had somehow missed out on this super cool feature. So, I took my kids to see the dinosaur . . . and well . . . it was WAY more realistic than I ever would have thought.
I was so into how cool the dinosaur was, I didn't realize what effect it was likely having on my children. Poor Tanner was terrified that the thing was going to come after us. I kept having to explain that it was just a costume--that there was a man inside making the dinosaur move and walk. I even showed him the man's legs that were very visible . . . but Tanner was shaking scared.
It brought me back to when I was a kid and developed an irrational fear of dinosaurs. It was when Jurassic Park came out and my parents wouldn't let me see the movie. So I began having these horrible nightmares about dinosaurs taking over and eating everyone. I finally rid myself of those nightmares by actually seeing the movie and realizing that the dinosaurs were stuck on some random island and couldn't possibly get me. Side note: I was 9 at the time people! My boys were not even 3 and 1 when I introduced them to a "real" dinosaur. Thankfully, Tanner hasn't complained about dinosaurs coming to get him in the night. He does have other strange nightmares of men attacking mom in the garage and pulling her nose . . . but no dinosaurs.
1 comment:
Dang, your videos aren't working for me on any of your posts except the first video on the dino one. Might just be me but just in case I thought I'd let you know :)
Post a Comment