Tuesday, June 1, 2010

THIS BABY IS COMING WHETHER HE LIKES IT OR NOT!!

Our 2nd little addition seems to be quite a stubborn guy. According to my OB, my body was ready for him to be born almost three weeks ago, but he has decided to hold out to now...2 whole days after his due date. So, here I am taking taking matters into my own hands
Getting induced has not been too bad so far. This morning was relatively calm, the car ride was without pain, and I even had time to pick up a pineapple-strawberry smoothie and a zucchini muffin from Urth Cafe (yum) on the way to the hospital.


Here I am with my fabulous nurse, Carlie, getting all strapped up to the monitors. Still not feeling pain...but apparently already dilated to 4 cm-before any Pitocin.

Our nurse got us a great room and Matt gerry-rigged their sound system so we're blasting country music and just waiting for things to progress. We can't wait to meet our new little guy.

10 comments:

lyndsey said...

yay! how exciting! i was just thinking about you the other day & wondering if he had arrived yet. good luck!

RachelAA said...

That's awesome - and way to go for holding out, I would have requested to be induced long before. You're awesome and so adorable. Good luck!! Seriously, this is my favorite part of the whole thing. I envy you... until you're in recovery :)

Becky said...

Whit! (and Matt and Tanner) I am super excited! Good luck! I can't wait for the next update...

A and M said...

Whitney, you look way too good to be 9 months pregnant! How come you never get swollen?
Good luck & I can't wait to hear that baby #2 has arrived!

McLove said...

Goooo Whitney!! So excited for you. Can't wait to see pics of the little one. Best wishes!!!

Unknown said...

Yay! I'm so excited. I can't wait to see the new little man! Love you.

Kaitlin and Charles said...

I have been wondering if baby was here but too afraid to call in case you were overdue. :) Can't wait to meet him!

Rob said...

from Lorena:
Good luck Whitney!!! You'll do great. Can't wait to see pictures of the little one.
I am jealous that you are already 4cm without any pain...it took me many, many, many painful contractions just to get to 3cm! Hope the rest of labor goes as smoothly as everything up till now has been. I am excited for you!

d said...

Go Whitney Go! We want to see pics of this new little fella! I hope that everything continued smoothly. The second is so much better than the first because you know what to expect! Good luck with all that follows!

Amy and Dane said...

Good Luck Whit!! I hope things are coming along well now and that you baby is almost here :) PS you look way to cute to be in labor...