Saturday, November 14, 2009

HAPPY GROWWWLOWEEN!



Tanner is a man who knows what he wants . . .
we were shopping together at Costco and as I was pushing the cart around a corner, it got stuck on something. I checked the wheels to make sure I hadn't run into anything then I looked up to see Tanner latched onto this furry little lion costume.
He was quite adamant about what he wanted me to buy for him that day. The lion costume was only $10 - and the cute bird puppets were 4 for $7. At least he's a bargain shopper.


So, I'm a pretty big fan of Halloween . . . because I really like dressing up. I love doing the fun hair and make-up, and wearing a cool costume. And I love seeing everyone's creative costume ideas - and how adorable the little kids look all dressed up. And of course, getting a bunch of free candy isn't so bad either.



Luckily, the week of Halloween was full of fun Halloween activities. Tanner and I went to a Mommy/Baby Halloween party at our friend Christina's. The kids were so cute crawling around together in all their costumes. And we made carameled apples...my favorite!


A few days later, I hosted a pumpkin carving/Chinese food party at our house.
(My girlfriends and I were all just craving Chinese, so we thought it would be fun to order in).


Everyone's pumpkin turned out really cool. Our friend Sharlene brought over some fun stencils that allowed us all to create these fine orange glowing masterpieces.
(For all you Skyliners out there . . . recognize anybody in one of the previous 4 photos??)

Sadly, my Chamberlain artistic ability decided to escape me that night . . .
my poor pumpkin just looked really . . . well, creepy.
And not in a good Halloween way.

Tanner had a total blast crawling around on the plastic carpet covering, trying to help in the carving process, and eating slimy pieces of pumpkin. Yum Yum.


The night before Halloween, our church hosted a Trunk-or-Treat party. It was a lot of fun.
We went as the classic trio, The Firefighter, The Flapper Girl, and the Lion . . . Come on now, don't tell me your parents never read that story to you as a child?!


All the kids looked so cute dressed up in their costumes. They loved playing with our little lion.


And Tanner just couldn't get over how cool/crazy that balloon was! No matter how hard he tried to hang onto it, it just kept slipping out of his grip and bouncing lightly away.
A new, slightly modified, tricky version of the ball, his favorite toy.

HAPPY GROWWLOWEEEN!
Love, Tanner the Little Lion Man

3 comments:

outdoorber said...

Hey your pumpkin looks like Goofy with Sun glasses - at least witht the lights off - with the lights on, i may have to agree with you... Love you!

RachelAA said...

Ahh these pictures are so cute. And I love your costume, you look spectacular!

Michelle and Adam said...

Michael was that same lion for his first halloween... for cute!