Friday, July 11, 2008

4th of July Fun

We had a really fun 4th of July at Dana Point with a great group of friends and our adorable brother and sister-in-law, Brandon and Lindsay. Thanks Adam and Melissa for "opening your hearts and your home . . . " :)



The firework show was great! Luckily, we had an awesome photographer - thanks Ashley - who was able to capture the fireworks lighting up the sky behind us . . . so romantical . . . :)





Earlier that evening, before the fireworks kicked off, the boys cooked us up a delicious barbeque - best sliders ever!! It's all about the Hawaiian rolls! MMmmmm. The Belly was thoroughly satisfied . . . until it heard that there was ice cream in the freezer . . . May I introduce you to:


"Ice Cream Willey"
(insert creepy ice cream truck music here)


When I took this picture, I didn't realize how creepy my ice cream man looked . . . he seemed so adorable when I opened up the wrapper and found his crooked little smile grinning back up at me . . . he tasted yummy and that's all that really matters anyway. :)






We all had a great time staying up late playing cards games and Guesstures. I got a little bit competitive with Speed . . . only because I was just not on my game!! Ashley, Natalie . . . I officially challenge the both of you to a rematch!!

And Guesstures . . . words cannot express the joy that this game brings to my life. No game has ever caused me to laugh harder. Thank you to Regan, Ashton, and now Natalie, for your amazing Guesstures performances - they will forever live in my memory.



We spent the next day at the beach before Brandon, Lindsay, Matt, and I headed back to LA to catch the 8pm performance of Wicked. I have been trying to get Matt to go to this show with me for months and months . . . It was fabulous!!

1 comment:

lyndsey said...

HA! i still cannot get over the fact that your bro & sis in law are named brandon and lindsay...even if she spells it differently than i do :) hilarious. looks like you guys had a great 4th of july. and i'm so glad you got to see wicked!! did you LOVE it or what?