Monday, August 1, 2011

QUICKWATER RANCH IN IDAHO

We spent the end of July 2011 at the Quickwater Girls Ranch in Idaho. My parents have long hailed Quickwater as their most favorite place on earth. Every year, they spend about 1 month at the ranch, running a camp where teenage girls can grow their talents, work ethic, confidence, and spirituality. I hadn't ever truly experienced it because I've been married during the time my parents have been running the ranch. So, I decided to surprise my parents and take my boys out to Idaho. 

We showed up during dinnertime and I had Tanner walk in playing the harmonica my dad had given him. It took my mom a moment to realize what was going on before she burst into tears and ran to give her grandboys the best hug ever. My parents were so excited to share their favorite place with us. My boys had the time of their lives. And I now know why my parents love Quickwater so much. That place is truly amazing. 

We got to milk a goat

Feed a pig


Gather eggs from a chicken


Play in the pond


Ride a four wheeler


Visit the "Spud" drive-in Theatre



Enjoy the amazing scenery




And have a total blast with Grandma and Grandpa Chamberlain.

Thanks for sharing Quickwater with us!! 



Pwwweeese can we come visit again soon?! 

2 comments:

Amy and Dane said...

Okay so I was jsut going to leave one big wrap up comment on your last post but I can't. I am just loving your posts and I don't check blogs often so you are going to get a bunch of random comments today. :) Stillwater looks amazing and I want to visit! How fun that you surprised your parents. Your mom is so sweet, I can just see her figuring it out that you were there, teraring up and then doing her loud laugh yell. Aww I love you guys.

Amy and Dane said...

Okay so I was jsut going to leave one big wrap up comment on your last post but I can't. I am just loving your posts and I don't check blogs often so you are going to get a bunch of random comments today. :) Stillwater looks amazing and I want to visit! How fun that you surprised your parents. Your mom is so sweet, I can just see her figuring it out that you were there, teraring up and then doing her loud laugh yell. Aww I love you guys.