Saturday, May 7, 2011

CAMPING WITH DAD!!!

Friday, May 6 - Saturday, May 7


Here are my boys getting ready to go on their first Fathers and Sons Campout.  


Matt and Tanner had an amazing time. 
They built a campfire,


roasted marshmallows,


fed muffins to creepy beetles,


and made a pretty nifty air-mattress slumber chamber in the back of our Expedition.  

Apparently, Tanner was having too much fun to sleep. He stayed up until nearly midnight, then was wide awake at 4:30am, happily chatting with a groggy Matt saying, "Oh, I love you Daddy." "I love camping." "Daddy, we're camping together." "Look at the deer!" "I love our matt-r-ess." 
. . . Nonstop, like an energizer bunny. 


My boys returned home dirty and tired, but oh so happy.

1 comment:

scrubgrub said...

LOVE the video with the beetle. Can't believe Matt went camping. We pitched our tent in the living room as a "test run" to see how Ryder handled it... same as Tanner, barely slept, love it so much.