Wednesday, June 2, 2010

KADEN JUSTICE VANDERMYDE

BORN JUNE 1, 2010
at 5:39PM

WEIGHT: 7LBS 10OZ

HEIGHT: 21.5 INCHES

(almost exactly the same stats as his older brother...but Kaden was just a little bigger...)

I arrived at the hospital for my induction at 7:30 on Tuesday, June 1st, and I was already dilated to 4cm--feeling no pain. I didn't even realize that the stomach tightening I had been experiencing was actually active labor contractions...they just felt so different from the contractions I felt when I had Tanner.

The hospital started me on Pitocin around 9am and though the contractions began getting steadier and closer together, they still weren't very strong. So after upping my dosage of meds a few times, we finally got things going to the point that I was dilated to 7 cm.

Matt kept telling me that I should do it natural--because, after all, he "survived a kidney stone." My nurse joined in and tried to convince me to stick out the labor and not get the epideral. However, I'm all about taking advantage of the scientific advances of our time...especially if they make me feel less pain! I got the Epideral around 3:30pm. And I don't regret it one bit!

At 5pm, the nurses went to break my water, but realized that the baby was ready to come and immediately called my doctor. My OB showed up, broke my water, and Kaden was in my arms after I pushed through just one contraction--same as Tanner. My babies love me. :)

While pregnant, I just couldn't imagine what Kaden would look like. I figured he'd look a lot like Tanner...but he doesn't.


His face shape, nose, hair line, hair color, etc...everything is different.


I can't seem to decide if he looks more like his dad...or his mom...


To me, he just looks like...Kaden. And we love him so much.


WELCOME TO THE FAMILY KADEN!
WE LOVE YOU!!
Or, In Tanner's words:
WE LAA-LOOO!

25 comments:

Annie Duckworth said...

Congrats guys! Tanner looks huge sitting next to Kaden. Wow. Family of 4.

Unknown said...

Congrats. I love him. He is so cute!

Kim said...

Yay, congrats, guys! Glad he's here and healthy. What a cute family. What's this, Axle doesn't make the cut again? Third time's the charm. I know what you mean about trying to picture the second baby. I always thought, "Oh, we'll just have another Nora." Hope all goes well at home. And let's hear it for epidurals.

RachelAA said...

Awww adorable. And you are one stunning mama! GOOD JOB! and congrats :)

Annie W. said...

Congratulations you cute family of four! Whitney you always look so well put together-how do you do it?! I am so glad everything went great. He sure is a cutie. I hope to meet him soon. Tanner has grown up so much! Wow. And Matt, I definitely sympathize with you and the kidney stones. Congrats again!

Jamie Onken said...

congrats! I can't wait to meet him.

Doug and Steph said...

Congrats! What a cute family. Kaden is a little stud just like his big brother!

Lindsay & Brandon said...

I can't wait to snuggle that baby! He's adorable you guys. Nice work!

Paul said...

congrats - he's a cutie.

A and M said...

Whitney you were meant to populate this earth with Vandermyde babies - he's adorable!
I swear I was just reading that you had Tanner...time flies! Hope to see you guys soon!

Ben and Jenny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ben and Jenny said...

Hope you don't mind that I came across your blog! Matt you have such a beautiful family. Congratulations on your new little boy, and graduating Law school! Looks like life has treated you great since our Dixie days. I will have to tell my cousin Mike what you have been up to. He is expecting his second little girl this fall.

Toronto's said...

Congrats on the cute little dude. He is adorable. You are such a cute little family. Epidurals are amazing why would you not get one. Good luck with your sweet boys. They will have SO much fun together.

Sarah Tayebi said...

Whit- congrats! it's sick how gorgeous you look after child birth! I hope you and the family are doing well, I can't wait to meet Kaden soon.

Ferran Family said...

congrats!! he is so cute!

Abby said...

Congratulations Whitney! Kaden is so adorable.

Matt and I will be in California next week. I'm sure you're incredibly busy with the new baby, and we're pretty booked too, but we should see if we can find a time to get together--it's about time we met in person I think!

Kathryn said...

Hurray. Congratulations on another beautiful baby. Hope to meet the little guy soon.

{B}dreamy said...

Congratulations much! So cute. And you're too dang hot to have just pushed out a baby... thanks for putting the rest of us to shame! But seriously, yay for growing families. *B

Jolene said...

Congrats!!! He is so cute!

kirsten said...

Congrats! He's adorable. Can't wait to meet him.

Gavin and Natalie said...

Congratulations you guys!! He is adorable! Whit, I have no clue how you do it, but you look perfect even after labor. :) So happy for your little fam!

Sie said...

Hi Whitney! Congratulations on your new baby! If he is lucky he'll look just like you.

Also I have to comment about your decision to get an epidural. Good for you! In my experience as a medical student and a mother, it should be a crime to induce a women with pitocen and then not give her an epidural. Pitocen can do crazy things to your contractions! Anyway, I'm glad the labor and birth went so smoothly. Way to go!

Brandon and Erin said...

Can't wait to see him and you!!! Congrats...I will call you soon. HOpe you are getting rest. You look unbelievable..seriously...for being in labor and having a baby!! AMAZING!

Michelle and Adam said...

Oh my, So adorable. Kaden is so cute, and Tanner is getting BIG! Hope all is well for you guys. Those boys are going to have a great time together!

Kari said...

He is so cute. You really do have such a cute family